She hasn't seen her sons Gavin, 4, or Garrett, 2, since Jan. 25. That's when 35-year-old Teresa Butler disappeared from her Risco, MO home near the Arkansas border in the Missouri Bootheel, officials say.
Reporter Steve Hankins of the Dunklin Daily Democrat is publishing a two-part series about the case. The first part appeared online today:
- Police agencies are tight-lipped.
- A national foundation has posted a $5,000 reward for her safe return.
- She never would have left her boys alone, her father says.
- A Missouri Major Case Squad spent two weeks investigating the disappearance. Foul play is suspected.
- Call New Madrid County Sheriff Terry Stevens (573) 748-2516.