Good Lonell Lane:
- Trying to turn life around
- Looking for a job
- Spent time with sons, 3 and 1
- Cooked for mom when she was tired
Bad Lonell Lane:
- Court date for domestic assault
- Revoked in 2003 for unpaid tickets
- Pot arrest in 2004
- Alleged crack cocaine in car
- Fled from police
- Hurt innocent motorist
Make your own good-bad list about the Indy PD chase policy.
Original post Wednesday:
Two-page news release from Independence police regarding the death of 20-year-old Lonell Lane, who was killed in a crash in Kansas City after fleeing Independence police. Why they chased him:
- He was on Blue Ridge Cutoff in an area of suspected drug-dealing
- He didn't signal a right turn
- His license plate wasn't lit
After the crash, 3.5 grams of suspected crack cocaine was recovered from his car. An innocent motorist Lane hit suffered a broken leg, police said.
When I rode with a Kansas City cop in the Northland recently, his main complaint about the department was an overly restrictive chase policy. I wonder how area police department's chase policies would look side by side...Update: Partial list in The Star today
going to try
some new rules
1. Comments must be signed. Unsigned comments will be deleted.
2. Comments signed as someone other than the writer will be deleted.
3. No profanity or obscene, vulgar, defamatory or libelous speech.