« OP BMW driver, 24, up on road rage charge | Main | 12 years for 'most brazen' corporate crook »

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Electrical fire destroys Raytown home

Email from reader Mr. Hand 10:22 am.:

  • On my way home last night, I encountered about 4 raytown pd cars blocking off a 3-4block area near 55th and blue ridge blvd.  I saw a fire engine and fire chief for raytown rushing to the scene, I was just curious as I've seen nothing about it in the papers this morning.

A mother and her two teenage children escaped a fire that destroyed their home about 10 p.m.Raytown_fire_department_1 Wednesday. Fire officials blamed the blaze on faulty wiring in the attic.
Battalion Chief Brent Davis of the Raytown Fire Department told me the home was equipped with smoke detectors, but the woman smelled smoke first and got herself and the children out of the house.
Firefighters worked their way through lath-and-plaster to get to the fire, he said, but the house was a total loss. Total damage to structure and contents was estimated at $180,000. No one was hurt.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451b1b869e200d834c59b2753ef

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Electrical fire destroys Raytown home:

Comments

 
About KansasCity.com | Terms of Use & Privacy Statement | About the McClatchy Company | Copyright