« Columbia, Mo. man dies of hypothermia in his home | Main | Hit-and-run caused local power outage »

Friday, December 11, 2009

Dog saves owner from fire

From The Star's Joe Lambe:

A man’s barking dog woke him during a house fire in Merriam, and man and dog escaped by jumping out a bedroom window.

Firefighters said this morning that the 1:30 a.m. fire in the 6300 block of Craig Street was started by smoking materials that fell into a couch.

The about 75-pound dog awoke the man, who then heard smoke alarms going off and saw a hallway filled with smoke, firefighters said.

The pair was not injured, and fire was confined to the basement with smoke damage throughout the house. It did about $60,000 in damage, firefighters said.

|Meredith Rodriguez

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451b1b869e20120a7441191970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Dog saves owner from fire:

Comments

 
About KansasCity.com | Terms of Use & Privacy Statement | About the McClatchy Company | Copyright